HMX-400 Honing System
- Double Spindle
- Combi-Honing, Super-Finishing
- Loading during production time
- Highly complex and heavy components
MORE THAN STANDARD
– THE REFERENCE
With its large work area, tail stock and integral B-axis, the HMX-400 leaves nothing to be desired in gear honing. Shaft components with lengths up to 650 mm, large and heavy workpieces as well as small and complex workpieces can be easily machined with an HMX-400. Loading of the second spindle during production guarantees ultra-short non-productive times for complex workpieces. The integrated double flank roller checker increases process reliability.
ROLL CHECKER (DOUBLE FLANK ROLLER TEST)
An HMX-400 can be fitted with a double flank roller test device that can be integrated into the machine. This reliably monitors the initial qualities of the workpieces and sorts out any workpieces that are outside the initial tolerance.
‘Combi-Honing’ is a process specific to Fässler, which allows two gears, for example, two sets of teeth on a shaft to be machined in one setup without retooling. Two honing stones in the tool spindle (hone drive) as well as the B-axis, which compensates for the off-center machining of workpieces, ensure reliable results with short cycle times.
‘Super Finishing’ is another ‘Combi-Honing’ application in which a set of teeth can be machined in one set with two different processes (roughing, finishing). The super finishing process results in the very best surface qualities.
- Workpiece external honing diameter: 20 – 270 mm
- Workpiece internal honing diameter: 50 – 350 mm
- Modules: 0.5 – 6
- Gear width: up to 120 mm
- Workpiece shaft length: up to 650 mm
- Honing ring external diameter: 270 -400 mm
- Maximum speeds:
- Honing drive (C1): 1800 U/min
- Workpiece spindle (C2/C3): 7000 U/min
- Controller type: Siemens 840 SL (Solution line)
Click HERE for a copy of our brochure.